Saturday, September 15, 2007

It's that time of year again!



October is Down Syndrome Awareness month and to help celebrate our diversity, challenges and accomplishments, people like me take part in the annual NDSS Buddy Walk for thorough information see: http://www.buddywalk.org/

What we do is we go on a one mile walk waving flags, holding banners and wearing special shirts or buttons. We parade with our friends and family and it's great fun. There's always music and tons of food afterward, it's a tremendous event. What I'm writing about this for is that we need your help. I need you to sponser me on my walk. (in my case it's stroller ride). All funds raised for this event are donated to the National Down Syndrome Society and they use the money to support research in such areas as nutritional science, genetics...all sorts of things. We sure would appreciate your help and I'll be posting a donate button on here soon so please, keep this in mind and if you want, come walk with me!

I'm walking in the Buddy Walk in St. Albans Vermont on 13 October 2007 11am. What fun!!!

No comments: